Here’s the weekly roundup #22.07 for you across the GNU/Linux and tech world.
Welcome to the DebugPoint Weekly roundup #22.07, where you can find all the happenings from this week, mainly from the Linux and open-source space. It’s been an eventful week where many distro updates arrive, whereas some significant releases from major apps.
Here’s what happened this week.
DebugPoint Weekly Roundup #22.07
🎯 Spotlight updates from GNU/Linux
- Linus Torvalds wins the Intel Innovation Award 2022 in the Innovation event for the year 2022. [Watch video @ YouTube]
- Linux Kernel 6.0 RC7 was released, and the final release is imminent. [read more]
- Fedora team drops Hardware Accelerated Video Decoding from Mesa. [read more]
📌 Top Articles this week from DebugPoint
🖥️ Desktop Environment and Linux Distro
- SpiralLinux 11.220925 was released based on Debian 11.5. [read more]
- Ubuntu DDE 22.04 is released based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. [read more]
- Xfce 4.18 is announced, coming up on Christmas 2022. [read more]
- Linux Mint 21.1 is codenamed “Vera”, arriving later this year. [read more]
- Ubuntu 22.10 Beta released with all official flavours. [read more]
🔖 Application Updates
- Bash Shell version 5.2 has been released. [read more]
- Shotcut Video Editor brings version 22.09, with many new features and updates. [read more]
- Network analysis software Suricata 6.0.7 released with minor updates. [read more]
- GNOME’s clipboard manager tool GPaste 43.0 was released, aligning with GNOME 43. [read more]
- OnlyOffice 7.2 was released with major updates and improvements. [read more]
- Plasma Mobile Gear 22.09 is released with the latest packages and updates. [read more]
- Qt 6.4 has been released. [read more]
💡 Interesting updates across the web
- KDE and GNOME Seem to work in Apple M1 hardware as Twitter by the developer. [read more]
- An AI Chatbot as Linux is interviewed by ArsTechnica and reveals some fascinating conversations. [read more]
That’s about this week’s weekly roundup #22.07. Please let me know in the comment box if you know some exciting news stories we might have missed this week.
See you in the next round-up. Happy weekend.