Here’s the weekly roundup #22.09 for you across the GNU/Linux and tech world.
Welcome to the DebugPoint Weekly roundup #22.09, where you can find all the happenings from this week, mainly from the Linux and open-source space. This week saw some major anniversaries from some distros and some application updates. Also, we saw major releases and announcements from desktop environments.
Here’s what happened this week.
DebugPoint Weekly Roundup #22.09
🎯 Spotlight updates from GNU/Linux
- Debian 14 (to be released in 2027) is code-named “Forky”, announced in the mailing list. [Read more]
- SerenityOS celebrates the 4th anniversary of the first commit. [Read more]
- KDE celebrates its 26th birthday! [Read more]
📌 Top Articles this week from DebugPoint
🖥️ Desktop Environment and Linux Distro
- Thunar File Manager Just Got an Awesome Feature: Image Preview! [Read more]
- KDE Plasma announced the release of version 5.26, bringing animated wallpaper and more. [Read more]
- Debian-based live distro Kodachi Linux releases minor version 8.26. [Read more]
🔖 Application Updates
- Log file viewer lnav gets 0.11.1 release with additional features and bug fixes. [Read more]
- Oracle VirtualBox released a major version, 7.0, with UI changes and new features. [Read more]
- Also released is the 6.1.40 version as the minimal maintenance release. [Read more]
- Blender is almost ready with Wayland support in Linux. [Read more]
- GStreamer brings a stable bug fix release 1.20.4. [Read more]
- LibreOffice 7.4.2 Community, the second maintenance release of LibreOffice 7.4, is now out. [Read more]
💡 Interesting updates across the web
- Hyperland: A dynamic tiling Wayland compositor based on wlroots that doesn’t sacrifice on its looks. [Read more]
- Unexpected revival of Firefox OS. [Read more]
That’s about this week’s weekly roundup #22.09. Please let me know in the comment box if you know of some exciting news stories we might have missed this week.
See you in the next round-up. Happy weekend.